Winter, Winter, Winter.
When will you leave me alone? I am so tired of you and your tricks. When that little groundhog told us that we weren't quite through with you, I almost took up hunting. Turns out he has more sense in his little rat-looking head than most weather forecasters.
It's no wonder that the economy isn't turning around -- winter is downright expensive. Besides coats, scarves, gloves, mittens, boots, thick socks,ear muffs, and snow bibs, there are many other winter neccesities that are taking my money.
I have to entertain the children, since going outside is not an option, I've started taking them to some of my little playgrounds: Hobby Lobby, Michael's and any other craft store we can find. After investing quite heavily in these stores, we have found enough craft projects to keep an entire summer camp of Girl Scouts happy. We've made soap, Valentine's out of dyed sugar, finger paintings, watercolor paintings, acrylic paintings, temper paintings, candles, pipe cleaner animals, fruit loop necklaces, videos and about 10,000 pictures.
I haven't even touched on the heating bill, snow shovels, ice scrapers and lotion. Yes, Aveeno's stock should have skyrocketed after all of the dry skin I have had to slather. Oh and don't forget the prescriptions to heal the strep, flu, stomach virus and whatever else my children have brought home. Let's not even talk about my Vitamin D purchases and trips to Target where the lights seem bright enough to cure any winter blues (although I think the orange clearance stickers may have something to do with that, too).
It's been fun, but I need a break, and so does my pocketbook. So, please, please winter go away. You have so overstayed your welcome and I'd like to have enough money left to enjoy your cousin, Summer, who is invited to stay as long as she likes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment