Monday, July 16, 2007

How does your garden grow???


The heat and humidity of a Midwestern summer are here... and so is the produce. Fields of corn are everywhere and our little garden is flourishing, too. I took this picture yesterday of one of the tomato plants before we snapped off the produce for a dinner salad. I do love fresh produce, but we have so many cucumbers and zucchini that I'm having to be really creative with my recipes to use them all. (feel free to email any recipes my way)
Not much else worth writing about... life is going along as usual, which is a good thing, most of the time. :) I'm busy writing in my spare time... and trying to keep my projects where they are supposed to be at this point.
If you are a writer, or have the writing bug, you understand the issues that come along with this creative outlet. Characters, story ideas and real-life situations constantly spin in your head creating stories that would be so great if only you could get them out on paper. It can be tiring, and exhilarating at the same time. I'm in one of those modes right now - I have so many ideas that I want to put on paper - or at least in my laptop. Just think about the characters you meet everyday - there are so many of them. Some of them say or do things that no one would believe are true! It's a writer's world out there... we just need more hours in the day.... and less laundry, meals to cook, people to clean up after, etc... I don't see that happening in my house any time soon, so I've taken to keeping a file of emails, stories and incidents that I hope to incorporate into a future screenplay or book - it's getting quite full, but also quite interesting!
OK, it's time to stop rambling and really get to writing... good night.

No comments: