Don't you like to be around people who are excited about life? Of course, you do.
Usually I put myself in the category of being excited, but lately, I've been a little short in the enthusiasm department. I guess you'd say I've been discouraged. But good news, I've turned the corner, I'm back in the groove and excited about it. As a writer, I think my discouragement all starts in my work and spreads to other areas. But thank goodness, the writer's block is gone and I've got new inspiration and ideas that are ready to be put on paper. It's exciting. I love having something to get excited about. It's rejuvenating. What hobby, talent or activity gives you joy? I hope you have one because once you find it, there's nothing like it.
I've found that it's so easy to let the people around me bring me down and I don't want to do that anymore. So many people are just doing the day-to-day thing, you know surviving the week and living for the weekend. Then there are people who are total downers who we can't avoid due to family commitments and work situations. Don't you just dread seeing them and hearing their same old stories and lack of interest in other things, other than themselves and their pathetic lives? It makes me want to scream to sit in a room with them and listen to their ramblings about nothing. I mean nothing. Unfortunately, we can't avoid these people totally, but we can come up with our own way of dealing with them. My way is to sit back and take mental notes for writing, man, they provide so much material!
Anyway, it feels good to be back on track in my writing and seeing how it spreads over into the rest of my life. As for the downers, I'm just going to get my notepad ready, I could use some new material for my next screenplay.
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment