Monday, June 16, 2008

You know those weeks that just wipe you out? Well, I've just had one. I took a nap yesterday and woke up so groggy that it took me a few minutes to figure out where I was and who that baby was that was crying. Last week, we taped a pilot of a children's show that my sister and I wrote... it was a lot of work. We won't see the edited product until August, so I have no idea how it all turned out, but I'll let you know.
In between working and sweating in the hot, Texas humidity, we did get to spend time with family and friends, which was really nice. I even got to eat at FOUR of my favorite restaurants that go back to my childhood, of course, it was a little different experience as I tried to keep my little girls entertained while savoring the familiar tastes. In fact, I never made it to dessert at any of the restaurants.
I got to see my dad, just not on Father's Day. However, he did prove again what a great dad that he is. I flew into Dallas and rented a car to get to the shoot site - two hours away. I had so much stuff to carry that he wouldn't hear of me going back alone and wrangling the car seats, bags, strollers and kids all by myself. He followed me and mom and the kids to Dallas and they helped me through the rental car return and all the way to the plane, no matter that it was entirely out of their way. I feel blessed that at 35, I still have parents who look out for me!
Well, the calendar is full this week already, so I better get to work while the kids are at the sitter!
Have a good week!
Jenny

1 comment:

LKPheartsfood said...

That is AWESOME! I can't wait to hear/see more!