Wow this week went fast... I didn't even have time for a blog!
My mother was here and we decorated the girls' room and it is very cute, if I do say so myself. I got a lot of work done on my writing projects and enjoyed my mom being here. So, now I have a few minutes to get back to my blog... well, at least until McKenzie's fascination with her new video wears off.
Speaking of McKenzie, I took her to her weekly physical therapy appointment yesterday at Children's Hospital. When we go there, I am always reminded of how good we have it. Yes, McKenzie may not walk exactly straight and she may have to wear braces for awhile, but there are so many kids there who are so much worse off. We were sitting out in the lobby waiting for her appointment when a little boy, about three or four years old, and his mom came out and sat next to us. He had a mask on, a bald head and an IV bag attached to him. They sat next to us and he and Kenzie looked at the art they have hanging from the ceiling. As our kids interacted, his mom asked me what department we were there to see and I told her. She then told me her son has leukemia. She looked tired, but still managed to be cheery with her little one.
And of course, in the PT waiting room we always see other little patients who have a more severe case of cerebral palsy than Kenzie. Many are in wheelchairs and will never walk. It really makes me appreciate what we don't have to deal with. In the scheme of things, she's great and can do most things other kids her age can do and most people never know anything is wrong with her. We have it so good, but so many others don't. As sad as it is, it's always a good reminder to see how good we do have it and to count our blessings!
Well, I better get back to laundry and other household duties that seem to never end... Have a great weekend and don't forget to count your blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment