The weekend is here once again and the feel of fall is in the air - it is great! I hope it is as pleasant where you are today.
I was just skimming the headlines online to catch up on the news of day, while McK finishes her nap.
So, what's up with all of the recalls lately? Now even a Cub Scout badge is on the list for possible lead contamination - thank goodness we haven't earned that one yet! It's getting to the point that I'm a little hesitant to buy the kids anything new to play with. I guess we'll go back to puppet socks, of course ones that are made in the good ole' U S of A - if we can find any.
Then there's Al Gore, winning the Nobel Peace Prize - maybe you like him, but he gives me the creeps. There's something about his eyes and jowls that have always scared me.
Maybe I should have skipped the news today...
Here's an update on Baby Ellee: I was in the hospital yesterday after fainting at the doctor, but they let me out last night. The baby's fluid is not where they would like it to be, so we are monitoring it very closely. I'm supposed to rest as much as possible (ha), drink lots of water and get this: eat more calories. I can handle the last two orders pretty well, but the rest thing isn't that easy with all of the activity around here. Maybe I'll start making sock puppets while I'm lying in bed. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I second your opinion on Al Gore. I was like, 'what?'
You take it easy and do as the doctor says. Extra calories? How fun is that!!!!!
Can you train the kids to bring you ice cream and pizza? ;) Take extra good care of yourself!
Yes--I feel the same way about AG. Yesterday I had to listen to someone at work go on and on about how much she loves him and wishes he were our President. I just smiled and made no comment. :)
Love you!!!
Okay...I think that all normal people feel that way about AG!
Stay off your feet make that man help you out:) Take care of my new niece!
Post a Comment