Am I the only one who has a difficult time getting my family to take pictures? Please tell me that I'm not. I mean really, is it that painful to have your picture taken? For weeks now, I've been waiting for the famous Kansas sunflowers to bloom so that we can go take a picture of our growing family - you can't really go wrong when you have 27 acres of sunflowers as your photo background. I didn't spring the seven mile trip on them, but gave ample notice that the big day was coming. When it arrived, you would have thought I had booked us all for a root canal. I would have probably had better cooperation from my 16-year-old cat had I told him we were going to the vet.
As in most family pictures, I wanted to coordinate our look so I had us all wearing black shirts. Well, that uniform didn't go over well with hubby, so we all switched to white shirts. The only problem - he only had a white undershirt, but thought it would be fine - never mind the three-inch hole in the underarm. He changed shirts while the rest of us remained in white, and we went on our silent car ride to the sunflower field. The mood was more along the lines of a trip to a graveside service than a fun afternoon.
However, when we arrived, everyone was quite surprised at how breathtaking the scene was. We even ran into a family we knew - so now we weren't the only "nerds" out there taking pictures.
I don't feel like I got the "money" shot - but we did it and all survived. I'm still waiting for my "that was a great idea. Honey!"
As in most family pictures, I wanted to coordinate our look so I had us all wearing black shirts. Well, that uniform didn't go over well with hubby, so we all switched to white shirts. The only problem - he only had a white undershirt, but thought it would be fine - never mind the three-inch hole in the underarm. He changed shirts while the rest of us remained in white, and we went on our silent car ride to the sunflower field. The mood was more along the lines of a trip to a graveside service than a fun afternoon.
However, when we arrived, everyone was quite surprised at how breathtaking the scene was. We even ran into a family we knew - so now we weren't the only "nerds" out there taking pictures.
I don't feel like I got the "money" shot - but we did it and all survived. I'm still waiting for my "that was a great idea. Honey!"
No comments:
Post a Comment