Sunday, May 13, 2007

I've had enough - we're breaking up

Don't let the title scare you... I'm not planning on taking on single parenting anytime soon. I've moved out of the AOL blog family. I've been a loyal customer for many years, but the time was right to say good-bye. I felt as if AOL wasn't holding up their part of the relationship. I don't know if you've had the same issues, but every time I log on to my old blog, the pictures are all wrong and it takes me several tries to log in. A relationship that shallow shouldn't be so much work, should it? I have other relationships that I'm too busy working at to add some gigantic company to the list. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, the break-up is official. However, the email side of AOL and I remain tight.

Moving on... today was Mother's Day and a lovely Mother's Day I might add. I got a three-hour nap this afternoon. Yes, three hours! I felt like a new woman, although I still looked like the same woman with a few new sheet marks across my left cheek. McKenzie and I curled up in my bed and slept like babies. As I laid there watching her fall asleep, I thought - what a perfect Mother's Day moment. She even reached over, took her necessary sleeping sock out of her mouth, and kissed me before drifting off with her little arms around my neck. I also got powdered donuts for breakfast - my favorite - and a dozen red roses from hubby. It was nice.

I even got my Mom's mother's day gift and Phil's Mom's mother's gift out on time this year! Hold on, I'm giving myself a pat on the back. For some reason, I have a hard time getting to the post office on time when it comes to birthdays and holidays. My mom didn't have any children this Mother's Day, but I talked to her as she was spending it with her 91-year-old mother. Happy Mothers' Day, Mom. You are a great mom and Nana!

Well, I better sign off - I have a lot left to do between now and bedtime.

2 comments:

LKPheartsfood said...

Welcome to blogger!! Want me to put a link on my blog to yours? And I'm so glad you got a nap! How DELICIOUS!

nana said...

Mothers'Day is even more of a blessing when you know your daughters are having such a blessed day!