Monday, May 21, 2007

Wedding Cake & Cheetos

I'm having some very strange cravings lately.

Last night during Desperate Housewives, I thought I was going to go insane if I didn't get any wedding cake. You know what I'm talking about: the plain, moist, white cake with the yummy icing with no raspberry or lemon filling defiling it. Of course then DH didn't help any with two weddings in the finale. It was a sign: I had to have wedding cake, or the closest thing to it I could find. Hubby was dead to the world, so a trip to the 24-hour bakery was out of the question. I found a box of Duncan Hines white cake mix and made my own white cupcakes. They were incredibly yummy and after inhaling a number that I won't reveal, I slept like a baby. In fact, I slept like I haven't slept in months. It was beautiful. This morning I didn't even have morning sickness, which hasn't been the case all weekend. It was definitely the cake that healed me. So, not to jinx anything, I had a cupcake for breakfast, although instead of milk all I could think about were Cheetos. Together they made the best breakfast, maybe not the healthiest, but I did chase it all with a vitamin.

I've accomplished so much today and I know it must be due to my breakfast of champions!

Oh by the way, the hair is still not cut (see earlier blog). I'll keep you posted.



2 comments:

LKPheartsfood said...

Sometimes you just have to give your body what it wants!!

JJ said...

OK, I'm just jealous you have the option of a 24-hr bakery. This one had me in stitches. Wedding cake truly is fabulous, though. Even bad wedding cake beats out over your ordinary every day cake. Where's a wedding when you need one, eh? Good luck with the cravings. I'll be looking forward to finding out what strikes your fancy next!