Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Something's got to give


Today's To Do List:

1 Get up
2 change McKenzie's diaper
3 cook breakfast
4 wash dishes from breakfast
5 clean up items McKenzie has pulled out of cabinets
6 take a shower while watching McKenzie through the shower door
7 give McKenzie a bath
8 get dressed
9 get McKenzie dressed
10 laundry
11 help Hunter get his clothes on backwards for backwards 12 day at school
13 get kids in car
14 take Hunter to school
15 Go into school and pay lunch lady for the rest of the year
16 Wait for a meeting with the principal about teacher situation for next year (with McKenzie)
17 Go home put on makeup and change dirty diaper
18 Go to grocery store for fruit
19 Take fruit to Mother's Day Out end of year picnic
20 converse with other tired mothers and play with kids at 2 hour picnic
21 get home and fix hubby's lunch who will be here any minute
22 clean up items McKenzie has pulled out of cabinets
23 laundry
24 make bed
25 clean guest room
26 read three books to McKenzie
27 put McKenzie down for a nap
28 accidentally fall asleep with her losing all free time
29 get up and fix her a snack
30 take phone call from hubby and look up info for him
31 reschedule Hunter's dentists appointment
32 emails for freelance projects
33 pick up items McKenzie has strewn across house
34 feed animals
35 It's 2:15pm - there's still several hours to go!

Despite my 45 minute nap - I'm tired. Recently, I've decided that I really can't get it all done. Something has got to give, or several somethings. I'm working a full-time job at home with my writing, watching a two-year-old while trying to teach her a few good things, feeding a very picky two-year-old, making therapy appointments each week for her walking, cooking dinner every night, making sure everyone has clean laundry and playing outside with Hunter when he gets home. Oh yeah, and I have a house to clean, a hubby to keep happy and a person growing inside of me.

I'm sure many of you can totally relate. Some days you just take note of how busy things really are in life and it can be a little overwhelming.

Today is that day for me, so thanks for letting me vent.

So what gave today? One of my freelance newspaper writing jobs that I've had for several years. I write for it every month and usually, I enjoy it. I don't enjoy it anymore, so I emailed the editor today and told her I couldn't do it anymore. I feel sort of bad, but more relieved than anything.

Oh, the house also gave a little today... after picking up McKenzie's mess for the 15th time, I decided to leave it. I'll pick it up tonight and that's that. We'll all live through the mess.

I have to go - it's time to cook dinner! I hope I don't need any of the umpteen dishes that she has scattered everywhere :)

No comments: